A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Last Few Days in Dallas

My last few days in Dallas were incredible and wildly busy, hence why I haven't posted since February 25. As a result, everything I say about the last 10 days will be somewhat abbreviated since I have forgotten many of the details of the blur known as February 26-March 4.

The last few days I spent in Dallas were incredible. It was like birthday, Christmas, and New Year's all rolled into one. Or something like that. Anyways, I got to see a whole bunch of people I will miss. Everyone from my "Married Group" friends to Alicia to Chris to the Bible Study guys to Adrian to Lulu and John. Amazing.

I spent Friday evening with Adrian. He suggested we check out an Early Christian Art exhibit at the Kimbell Art Museum, and I'm glad he did! I got an awesome chance to explain to Adrian a lot of what I've learned from scripture. And the art was pretty cool too. We then went to Joe T. Garcia's. That place never gets old, and I am already missing it! Yum, yum, Mexican food. Last, I got to check out his new huge LCD TV and Blu-ray player. Problem is, now I'm tempted to get one myself soon!

The best night of the last couple weeks was, by far, Saturday night, March 1. I had a great time hanging out with Andy and Isaac and completing our first board meeting ever for the Mustang Post Foundation nonprofit. I thought that I would spend the rest of the night with Isaac having some quality "guy time." Instead, I was totally bamboozled by a surprise going-away party at Matt Wideman's parents' house! I should have picked up on the clues. Jess made the dessert for the party while we were at Isaac and Jess'. Then every single person at the party parked directly in front of the house (Rule #1 of Surprise Parties, guys: Park somewhere other than directly in front of the house). I even made a comment as we were walking in that the GMC truck outside sure looked like Russell's (which it was). But, of course, when you're throwing a party for Barney Fife, it doesn't matter. I still didn't have a clue. And that was the best part.

The rest of the night at the party was completely amazing, from burgers to Catchphrase. They even did a Toast (that turned into a Roast) about me. There are so many stories from that night alone I could probably write a book about it. Truly amazing job, all you sneaky party planners and guests who totally fooled me! Three cheers to y'all: Matt and Randi, Isaac and Jessica, Ryan and Holly, Charles and Lauren, Russell, Andy, Tucker and Kelsey. And, of course, Mr. and Mrs. Wideman.

The next night, I had dinner with Alicia at Cantina Laredo. I chose that spot because I hadn't been there in a couple years and wanted to make sure I ate there before I left. Alicia looked absolutely stunning, and she and I had a great time. Now that is one phenomenal girl.

Monday, I had lunch with John (sorta) and Lulu at Patrizio's. John didn't time everything right, so he had to get his food to go and leave for a doctor's appointment. But he and Lulu and I had a good time nonetheless. Many memories over the past 2 years with those two. Many, many, many.

Monday afternoon and evening, my dad and I drove around, picking up furniture for my new place. Lots of frustration with moving and plenty of effort, but it was successful. I had dinner with the entire family at Campisi's that night, which was a perfect ending to my time in Dallas. I had to go back to the apartment after dinner to clean it up, which was not a perfect ending. Cleaning is the worst thing ever when you have to do a bunch of it at once.

More to come soon, including pictures from my first few days in Denver! Right now, I'm off to go pick up my mom from the Denver airport so we can go get some stuff to finish getting my apartment ready.

Nervous, excited, overwhelmed, but still chugging along,

Reed

No comments: