A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Fly to Chicago, End up in Europe

Speaking of that 9:30pm flight on Sunday night (see previous post), that was a fun flight. I was seated next to a pretty, nice University of Illinois-Chicago student for the flight. Interestingly enough, neither of us originally booked that flight either. She had gotten on the flight by virtue of the standby list. That was a blessing indeed.

Because the flight was so late, there were pillows and blankets in every seat. They even turned out the lights even though the flight was only 2 hours long. The dark cabin and pillows and blankets made the flight feel very much like an international flight.

The irony of this was lost on me until I got to Core Analyst School in St. Charles, Illinois (just outside Chicago). I arrived late last night. This morning, they gave us a few stats about the people attending this training. As it turns out, of the 150 people here, 79% are Europeans. In fact, only 15% of us here are Americans. It's a weird experience. That's why I felt like I had flown to Chicago and somehow ended up in Europe!

Meeting a whole bunch of people from a world away is awesome. I've met people from virtually all of the major European nations after only 1 day. It will be awesome to have contacts all over Eastern Europe and beyond. Haha.

No comments: