A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

First Day at WORK... and the next 2 days as well

My first few days at work have been phenomenal. They really have.

First, I must stop and say a couple of things. I'm working for Accenture as an Analyst in the Systems Integration & Technology (SI&T) Growth Platform in the Technology Architecture (Tech Arch) division. Beyond that, I really can't say that much about work due to confidentiality and privacy policies. So don't expect to hear anything related to specific work projects on here.

What has made my time at Accenture so far so great is the group of folks I am starting with: Jessie, Jim, Sonja, Alex, and Nick. We have all developed an incredible rapport after only 3 days... should make the next 12 days of work entertaining!

Sure, it hasn't all been sunshine and roses. I don't think anyone gets excited by days and days of training. But it sure could be a lot worse. I think Accenture is going to provide the type of challenge I need to grow individually. And Accenture seems unbelievably awesome to work for, with the nicest, most committed people I know.

To give you an idea about how close my group has gotten in just 72 hours, consider this: Alex, Jessie, Nick and I spent an hour or so after work today having drinks and tacos, discussing all the weekend plans we need to make. I'm not talking the normal stuff you do on weekends. I'm talking skiing, biking, exploring, and anything else to experience Denver to the fullest. And we already have no qualms about spending that much time together.

Our SI&T group has a meeting/excursion to Keystone in a couple weeks. Skiing! Can't wait.

No comments: