
In case you're a little confused, the title of this blog post is a Friends reference. Still confused? "Shoop, shoop" is the noise Rachel makes on one of the Thanksgiving episodes to express her excitement about her upcoming skiing trip with her family (naturally, the trip never occurs and everyone is stuck spending Thanksgiving together... what a shock).
Thankfully, my "Shoop, shoop" skiing trip DID happen. Yesterday, 90+ Accenture professionals from SI&T (Systems Integration and Technology) headed up to Keystone in the early morning hours to hit the slopes for a few hours. Getting paid while skiing, networking, and eating for free has to rank among the best things I've done lately.
I hit just about every Blue ski run they had at Keystone at the 3 mountains there. Since I hadn't skied since last March and don't particularly love moguls, I took the day relatively easy on the Blues. I'm one of those skiers who loves the speed of the Blues but doesn't enjoy the bumps and jolts of the Blacks. A couple of times, I pointed my skis straight down the hill and absolutely flew down the slopes. What a rush.
One time, though, I got headed straight down the hill kinda by accident. I was trying to speed up a little, so I pointed my skis directly downhill. But when I got going fast, I didn't feel comfortable turning quickly because I was afraid the sudden change in direction would make me tumble forward over my skis. So I leaned back slowly and eventually hit the slope softly with my backside. What followed was the longest slide I have ever experienced. It was actually kinda fun. I must have skidded at least 50 yards downhill on my butt. It was the softest and longest crash I've ever had on the slopes. Somehow, my skis and poles stayed with me. As I was sliding down the hill, it felt like time was standing still and I was just gliding along the surface of the ice/snow.
What a time. Too bad ski season is nearly over.
1 comment:
A "Friends" quote Reed..... C'mon now. Have I taught you nothing.
Post a Comment