A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Finally back from Core Analyst School





Well, I'm finally back on the blog after Core Analyst School wrapped up last Friday. I had a lot of fun the last two weeks, but the experience was absolutely exhausting. Having to be totally excited and meet people 24/7 takes its toll on you after awhile. All I did the last 2 weeks was sleep and meet people. I like people, but that's a little bit much. I was torn though because once I left I realized I would not see many of the friends I made for a long time, if ever. Especially the Europeans. Hopefully I will make a few trips over to Europe or they will come over here.

I went to Chicago with my start group on the weekend between the weeks of training. Chicago is so much fun. It quickly became one of my favorite cities to visit. Lake Michigan, Navy Pier, Millennium Park, and Lincoln Park were all AWESOME. And Chicago-style pizza is incredible. I'm not one for thick pizzas (in fact, I don't even hardly like regular crust anymore) but Chicago-style is a whole other experience. We went to Giordano's on Sunday before returning to training. That pizza was SOOOOO good. Like eating a cake made of pizza. Yum.

I had another odd mishap with my phone while in Chicago. My high school friends will totally understand how this happened because they have known me long enough to understand how klutzy I am with phones. So I got off of the L train in Chicago (basically the above-ground subway around downtown) and realized I was near Depaul University. 

I have a weird fascination with ballparks that are surrounded by high-rises. We don't have these in Texas, so it fascinates me. I saw Depaul's softball diamond and wanted to take a picture. 

So I pulled my iPhone out of my pocket as I was walking down the stairs from the train to the ground. Unfortunately, my klutzy nature kicked into overdrive. The phone slipped from my hands. I quickly grabbed for it as it fell and I batted it up in the air. It headed for the left side of the staircase and lodged itself in between the edge of the step and the side rail running down the side of the staircase. And this staircase is metal with almost no holes. You could barely get a pen down into the hole where my iPhone landed, so you can tell the phone had to land perfectly to hit the hole. Just my luck. Anywhere else, and it would have just hit the stairs and stopped there.

My friends spent a good 15 minutes searching for the phone and trying to figure out how to get it out. I was a little bit worried my $400 investment was about to be lost forever. We really didn't think we could retrieve it. Thankfully, my friend Jessie has mad skills. She maneuvered the phone down onto the slanted part of the staircase underneath the steps and pulled the phone through the crack in between the steps with 2 fingers. Needless to say, I was overjoyed and praising God for that. I had prayed about this ugly situation as soon as the phone got stuck, and my prayer was answered.

The pictures here are of my fellow team members from our 2-week-long team project at Core Analyst School. These projects are the core of the experience, and we learn all about Accenture's methods by working through a fake project on this team. So I got to know these people VERY well. The first one is Cole from Toronto, Canada. The second one is Pavel from Moscow, Russia. The third one is Jannis from Frankfurt, Germany. The fourth one is Filomena from Milan, Italy. There was one more person on my team. Her name was Gabrielle and she was from the Zurich, Switzerland office. I didn't get a picture of her, unfortunately.

I could talk forever about each one of them, but I don't have the time or space to do so right now. So I'll just leave it at this: We got along really well and I really hope I get to go to all of those places to visit them!

No comments: