A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dr Strange-Food, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Store Brands

I went grocery shopping the other night and brought back all sorts of interesting food to eat. Now, that's not very exciting. But I did come to this realization that maybe buying the store brand makes more sense than paying extra for a name brand that tastes virtually the same anyways. This epiphany of sorts was brought on by my recent creation of a budget. I've become even more of a penny-pincher lately now that I know exactly where all my money is going on a monthy basis. So I've been motivated to save money by getting store brands. It has turned out well so far. Though I don't want to get too cheap. I'm worried I'll become consumed by my money and effectively worship it rather than the God who gave me this money in the first place. Reminds me of one of my favorite verses: 

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." - Matthew 6:24

Doesn't get much simpler than that. So which will YOU pick?

No comments: