A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Quick Random Thought...

I'm watching the New Orleans-Dallas NBA playoff game and I just heard a ridiculous Wendy's commercial. The woman in the commercial says, "If burgers were meant to be frozen, wouldn't cows come from Antarctica?" This question is stupid on several levels.

First of all, Wendy's should NOT be complaining about others' burgers. I love Wendy's, but I avoid their burgers at all costs. I go for the Spicy Chicken Sandwich combo about 95% of the time. No other fast food place has me avoiding burgers so frequently.

Second, if you are going to complain that others' burgers are not authentic, you'd better check your own first. Sure, I'd rather have a fresh burger than a frozen one (though I generally never think about whether the burger I'm eating is fresh or not). But I also don't want a burger that is square and flatter than a pancake. Wendy's has burgers that are both of those things. When I think of a good burger, I think of a burger that only needs ONE patty to reach 1/2 lb or more in size, not 2 or more. I think of a burger that I can hardly get into my mouth one bite at a time because it's so big. THAT is a burger. Not this flimsy, square crap I get at Wendy's.

In response to that ridiculous commercial, I offer one question: If burgers were meant to be square, wouldn't a cow be square around its midsection?

No comments: