I cannot begin to describe how amazing this morning was. I'm sure glad it was amazing since I had little interest in getting out of bed at 5:40 am (especially since I got less than 4 hours of sleep) to do anything. What did I do this morning? I joined Michael Fleming and Craig Kubicek (the new leaders of Watermark Denver) and some other guys for some fellowship, time in the Word, and a challenge. It really was amazing. Spending time with those guys will make any man want and desire to be an absolute warrior for the King. I get fired up every time I listen to them talk. I spent about 2 hours with them from 6-8 am.
We left the meeting with a challenge: We are tasked with coming up with the top 5 things we want to accomplish this year. The Lord was just pouring things into my heart this morning after Bible study, so I nearly have a Top 5 already. But the one that grabbed me the most was the idea or dream of being a YoungLife leader in Westminster, CO. YoungLife doesn't have a branch in Westminster yet, so part of me is ready and roaring to get one started. But I think right now that would be putting the cart before the horse. I need to establish a network with YoungLife volunteers first. If anything has come across to me LOUD AND CLEAR from the Lord lately it has been that I need to be faithful in the little things first. Then the big stuff will come.
By the way, the Watermark Denver website is watermarkdenver.org. Check it out.
In the name of patience, I leave you with this: Philippians 4:6-7.
I'm out,
Reed
No comments:
Post a Comment