A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pictures! Long Overdue Pictures!


Finally, I have gotten around to posting some pictures of my new apartment. The pictures at the right are taken from the actual apartment I am renting beginning March 1st (I won't move in until March 5th). These pictures were taken on the morning of February 9th, 2008 at the Estates at Tanglewood. 

The first picture, with my Mom unknowingly posing for the camera, is the kitchen. The cool thing is that the kitchen is fairly big (not long and skinny like the kitchens I've been used to) and it has a magnificent bar countertop shown in the pic. The bar counter there looks out over the living room, creating a great sense of openness to the place. The kinda place I would host parties in if I spent more than 4 nights there a week. 

The second picture is of the long, skinny walk-through bathroom in my new place.

The third picture is of my future computer room. This should give you an idea of how much space I'm going to have. Downtown I could get 620 sq ft. In the apartment shown that I have rented, I get 836 sq ft for cheaper. If you don't know how much square footage 836 sq ft is, trust me, it is a ton for a single guy.

The fourth picture is my view of the Rocky Mountains. Yes I get a mountain view from my new residence! It and the fireplace cost extra, but oh well. Its not an opportunity I would ever have again if I move away from Denver! Click on it or any of the other pictures for a better image view. My iPhone doesn't have zoom, so the mountains look a lot smaller than they actually are.

So there it is... my future place. Doesn't look too glamorous right now, but trust me it will. My personal decorator (aka Mom) has selected some awesome furniture to deck out this place with. Of course, she doesn't pick really cheap stuff and this furniture is my first major purchase with my own money in my life. To be fair, the stuff she found was amazing and most of it was a really, really good deal. I will be posting pictures of some of my prospective furniture soon.

Till then,

Reed

No comments: