Before fellowship, we were all getting something to drink from the Watermark coffee shop. While chatting, we were talking about Denver. Michael Fleming started discussing the people going to Denver and started discussing how incredibly blessed we are that God is really surrounding all of us with other folks who want to pursue Christ in Denver as well. He went on to talk about how God has specifically blessed us with an incredible amount of single women joining us in Denver. This was a lot funnier in the moment, but he looked me dead in the eye and made some comment about how I had better get ready for all the single women up in Denver. That was slightly awkward, but it was truly funny because I was the only one he could say that to in our fellowship group. Of the 6 guys there, 4 are married and 1 is engaged and getting married in May. So apparently I get to hold down the fort as the only single guy in the group.
Here's the truly astonishing stat: Michael looked at me and stated in a totally serious manner that we could have as many as 30 single women serving with us up in Denver. 30! That isn't all that many if you're at some big, established church. But that is an incredibly large number for a church that is just starting and has only about 70-80 people total who want to get involved. Truly amazing that our biggest group of people in Denver starting out is clearly single women. Now I won't be the only single guy in our church starting out, but you have to like the odds anyways...
I have a phrase for that and many other things: "Praise the Lord."
No comments:
Post a Comment