First off, I'm really looking forward to partnering with all the awesome people involved in the brand new Watermark Denver movement as we forcefully advance the Kingdom together (go to watermarkdenver.org and read the blog if you don't get the reference).
On Tuesday, I had the privilege of sitting down with Michael Fleming at Watermark and listening to his vision for the new church called Watermark Denver that we're all gonna be a part of in about a month. Every time I say that it will be a month, it blows me away that I'm leaving for Denver in 19 days. Wow that is sure coming fast.
So I had a great conversation with Michael conversing about the Lord and how we can partner together to advance the Kingdom. Today, he invited me to meet with a group of guys on Wednesday mornings (6-7:30 am, which is about 4 hours before I get up!) to get in the word, share triumphs and struggles, and build friendships for when we are in Denver together. This is such an answered prayer you have no idea. I have had my own struggles lately and had known that I need Godly community around me but had put it off until I move because moving day is so close. But God knew I needed it now, not in 3 weeks, so He gave me these guys! How awesome.
Other than those struggles here and there, I am having the most incredible time of my life right now. It actually has little correlation to all of the free time I have. It has more to do with just being totally content with where I am right now and realizing how free I am from worry about where my life is headed and who I'm destined to marry etc all because of what God has already done for me. I have hardly even stressed about starting a job I know so little about. I have to give praise to God for that because He has removed that source of stress from my mind and led me to focus on more immediate tasks that I need to accomplish before leaving. I'm living out Matthew 6:34 ("Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."). This is not a call to avoid planning; it is simply a call to not worry about what is out of my control, and I am living that verse out right now and I love it.
The wild thing right now is I've never been this organized in my life. Anyone who knows me well knows I can be something of a slob. I'm the most confusing person alive on this point. I'm germophobic enough that I wash my hands at the slightest hint of dirtiness, yet I don't mind dropping everything on the floor and leaving it there for months on end. But right now, I'm ready and with the only exception of needing to set up utilities for my apartment, I'm pretty well set on the Denver end. What's left is to pack up my space in Dallas.
Happy Valentines Day to everyone, but especially to the single guys and girls "celebrating" this day as Singles Awareness Day. I had the most amazing time last night after CRU hangin' out with the coolest bunch of folks known to man (and saying a very sad goodbye to my long-time Bible study leader, Kirk) that I left that place singing at the top of my lungs to the most amazing oldies music ever. I get in one of those states every now and then. I call it my "belt it out at the top of your lungs and don't care what they think" phase. You will know it when I roll down the windows and drive by you and you hear more of me than of the extremely loud music. That's how I felt last night and that's how I still feel to a certain extent today. "Worldwide Couples Day" be damned, I'm going to have a great time!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment