A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Indescribable

Indescribable isn't just the name of an amazing Chris Tomlin worship song that's been spinnin' in my CD changer for a little while... it is also the only way to attempt to describe how I'm feeling right now (notice the irony). 

Seriously, though, it just truly hit me that exactly two weeks from this moment I will be going to bed after my very first day of work at Accenture. And, in exactly one week, I will be laying down for my final night of sleep in Dallas as a Dallas resident for who knows how long... That's crazy. I'm really doing this. I am completely stress-free right now because everything I worried about the last couple weeks is out of the way. Furniture has been purchased (more will be purchased soon) for my new apartment, I have all the ID I need to verify my employment eligibility, all my utilities are set up, I'm mentally ready to move, I don't feel any stress about moving from the only metropolitan area I've ever known, and I'm not scared of the unknown before me. Life is good.

We had the most amazing Bible study Sunday night. I wonder where this was over the past 4 years. I've always had solid Bible studies, but these last two have taken the cake! Last Sunday, we discussed not only the amazing qualities of God and Joseph in Genesis 40, but we also tackled the "Healthy, Wealth, and Prosperity Gospel" issue and spent a long time discussing the merits of 5-point Calvinism, TULIP and the healthy tension between predestination and free will. Next week, my last with these awesome guys, we will be discussing Tongues. Boy, do I have some experiences to show with that! Haha I knew God would be using the bizarre week that was YFN in some amazing ways!

Also, I was fascinated to hear that Denver is rated by Forbes as the Most Lustful City in America (judged by per capita condom sales). I definitely don't have that subject figured out (in fact, I struggle with it like most guys), so perhaps maybe God will use this "thorn in my flesh" as He did with Paul to reach other people dealing with lust. 

No comments: