A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Quick Thoughts

"From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and HE DETERMINED THE TIMES SET FOR THEM AND THE EXACT PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULD LIVE. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps even reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." - Acts 17:26-27.

This was part of the Journey devotional this morning. How powerful. Not only does it apply to me and give me assurance about where I'm at right now (Denver) and why I'm here, but this is incredibly timely in another sense. I have a close friend who's going through some trials right now employment-wise and is trying to decide whether to pack up and leave everything familiar for the great unknown in another city and state. So this verse definitely speaks to her situation as well. Crazy. But the timing of God always seems a little crazy to us with our limited knowledge of the big picture.

In other news, training is going really well. It's all group activities and coding, which I happen to like. And we make each other laugh all the time. It is super laid-back. And we're ahead of schedule, so there is less pressure to rush. Okay, gotta get back to getting ready for work! 

No comments: