Anyways, the foolishness didn't end there. I went to Wal-Mart to use my gift card (thanks Aunt Jackie and Uncle Larry!!!) to get a new phone (let me know if you want my new number) and Jerry Maguire. Stupidly, I stepped into the cash-only self-checkout line and then realized I was using a gift card. Of course, I had to call over an employee to cancel the order. Then, I went to another self-checkout and I had to call the same employee back over to approve my purchase of Jerry Maguire (its R-rated). I had forgotten about such restrictions. Finally, I had no idea how to use my gift card, so I had to call the employee back a 3rd time to show me how to use the gift card (which turned out to be a simple process). I felt stupid walking out of Wal-Mart.
Speaking of stupid and Wal-Mart, I was at another Wal-Mart last night to get the phone and movie but gave up due to the poor planning at Wal-Mart. At 10pm on Friday night, they had only 4 checkout lanes open! This despite the 25 people standing in each line waiting to checkout. Surely they could have pulled one of their many attendants in other departments to help out with the chaos. Being impatient, I did not wait around in line.
My day was pretty much summed up today when I tried to get gas as I was leaving Wal-Mart. I pulled into a nearby Diamond Shamrock/Valero (sign said Diamond Shamrock, system said Valero). Of course, there was only one open gas pump. As I pulled around to get to the open pump, a truck pulled into the open space. The truck was completely facing the wrong way and made about a hundred turns to get to the right side. Stupid truck, haha.
But overall my day was pretty nice other than those goofy screwups and sitting in Discount Tire while they put new tires on my car. I got to catch up briefly with Alyssa. I got some scripture memorized. I went grocery shopping (and now have real food to eat at my place). I now have a home phone!! I got several loads of laundry done. More coming tomorrow.
I was browsing through my Bridge City Scrapbook today and thinking about the similarities between my experience in Bridge City and Denver thus far. In both cases, I jumped totally into the unknown on the Lord's guidance. Enjoying Denver and its newness reminded me today of how much I loved exploring Bridge City last summer with all of my new friends there! I miss yall soooo much! I can't believe we are nearly 1300 miles apart! Don't worry... we'll be together again before long.
One little thought of advice: Never watch Jerry Maguire by yourself on Saturday night in a totally new city and state. It's just not smart. I love that movie so much, and it has so many classic moments, but man does it make you think of relationships. Yikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment