A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Shout to the Lord (and maybe a Shout Out to others too)

Ever had that feeling like you're on top of the world? That's about where I am right now. It's incredible. I'm in such a good mood that I prayed to the Lord that He would push me out of my comfort zone and make me a little uncomfortable to bring me back to reality. If I could be on Cloud Nine, this would be it. God is so good. Stress about the difficulty of the job has sufficiently subsided, so now I look at this as college with an added degree of difficulty and class from 8-5 every day but with the opportunity to go out with friends any night of the week.

The last few days have been awesome. I already blogged about Easter, so I won't rehash that. And Monday was nice but not too eventful. Today has been awesome. I spent virtually the entire day laughing at one thing or another due to my hilarious and unpredictable Start Group. We are crazy silly. And yet today was still one of the most productive days we've had yet in training. We worked really hard AND we had fun. Incredible. I would try to explain what was so funny and awesome, but it was too complicated and I'd ruin the context and probably not explain it clearly enough if I tried. So I won't. The icing on the cake was tonight. I just got back from seeing a Sneak Preview of "21," a new movie starring Kevin Spacey and Kate Bosworth about MIT students making a fortune in Vegas by counting cards at Blackjack. It was a very good movie (Kevin Spacey was awesome... again). Plus, this is the first time I've gotten to really hang out with my co-workers outside of work. It was a lot of fun, and the Cherry Creek area is pretty nice.

P.S. Denver has the best radio station ever created. It's 95.7 FM. This station plays all of the classic pop songs you heard 10-15 years ago when they were popular and never thought you'd hear again. Yes, they finally have a good 1990s pop station somewhere. I have heard everything from Return of the Mack to Don't Speak to I Need A Girl on this station, and I've hardly had time to listen to it! Sweetness.

P.P.S. Gotta give a shout out to Andy, my friend and fellow conservative warrior over the past few years. Don't be too anxious to leave Texas! But when you do, stop on by and hang for a little while.

No comments: