A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Prince and the Fool

"No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two, Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool."

- from T.S. Eliot's "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

How cool is the Spirit when I'm in a funk and just not fully engaged with life? Cool enough to bring to mind an old T.S. Eliot poem I read in school in which the section above speaks to me now.

Lord, let me be content in all things, when I have much ready to be accomplished or when nothing seems to be working, when people praise me or when they revile me, when the Lord himself seems far or near. In those moments, let me be satisfied in You. No more, no less. May you impress on me the satisfaction in my life to continue to take your love to the people I know today, and impress on me the urgency and holy discontent (copyright Matt Chandler) to continue to love on new people so that the Gospel might reshape all of Houston one day.

I am exhausted in many ways tonight. I need to get refocused. Pray that the new focus would be Jesus. And only Jesus.

John 14:26
John 15:4-11

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments: