A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Left Behind

I absolutely love the way God wove my personal story of his grace through some of the most personally challenging times of my life in college, but sometimes it saddens me to realize how shallow the roots of some of my friendships from college were simply because I was so selfish that it didn't leave a lot of time for others!

Today, I found out via Facebook that a guy who was in my Bible study in college just recently got married. Guys you wrestled in Scripture with just seem like guys you should know well enough to attend their weddings 3 years after college, or at the very least hear about it before the wedding. Instead, I find out after the fact via that great arbiter of news, the News Feed.

I hope that in coming months and years I'll reconnect with a lot of friends like this one who were solid friends in college that maybe I just didn't pay all that attention to or care that much about once we left SMU. These guys were the lightpoles of my very dark wilderness journey, shining the light of Christ to light my way. I am so thankful for them!



"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. So you too should be glad and rejoice with me." Philippians 2:14-18

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments: