A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Toys, toys, toys...

I should mention first that these three "toys" or desires have been on my mind the past few weeks:

1. A bike
2. Skis
3. Sunglasses

Each of these I dream of, but I have yet to fit them into my budget (mainly cause I'm trying to throw everything I earn into savings and/or Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover" (not as kooky as it sounds, I promise).

But my latest toy is FREE. It's called Skype. I love it. I videoconferenced this evening with Mo in Fort Worth. And it didn't cost us a thing! And I didn't have to buy anything since my wonderful iMac came with a built-in webcam, speaker, and microphone. Ahh the joys. Now if only I could convince the parents to get Skype. One thing at a time I suppose. This is why I love technology. Cause once in awhile a product comes along that makes our lives soooo much easier. Who wants to talk on the phone when you can kick back and speak at the computer and SEE the other person in real-time? Not me! So, I beg you all... get Skype and we'll chat. Live. Face to face. We'll make a day of it (okay, slight exaggeration... maybe).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you Reed, a good bike would be sick in Denver. Plus, if you break down the cost of the bike over its lifespan, you're really only paying a dollar a day for good times. Think about some of the money you and I waste everyday. Plus, I'd hope that the Post would be getting some money tossed its way as well.