A Chronicle of a Life

Welcome to my blog! Check back regularly for updates on life, living, and growing in Christ.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Submission

I have a feeling I'm going to learn a lot about submission over the next weeks weeks, if only I am faithful to what God has laid on my heart the last couple of days. You see, I'm always out looking for the next amazing girl in my life. It's exhausting. Believe me.

So I'm trying a different approach. I've gotten back into reading I Kissed Dating Goodbye, and it is giving me a renewed perspective on what relationships (friendly and romantic) should look like when they are God-directed. It's amazing how revolutionary the notion of looking out for the best interests of others can be when you've been approaching relationships with selfish motives and intentions lately, as I have.

While I can't give a lot of specifics, I will say this: In the past few weeks, God has used a new friend and a couple of old friends to challenge me to put my own personal ambitions aside for the greater good of my friends. It's not going to be easy. But I can see how awesomely God has brought my old friends into this picture to remind me of Him and help me to see how God's will can be accomplished by me setting aside my personal motives in this moment. I wish I could give more specifics, but it would be totally inappropriate to divulge too much.

Now my challenge is to: a) challenge my old friends to build a relationship with our new mutual friend, b) maintain proper boundaries and actions at all times, c) be a true friend, seeking the good of others above my own.

Stay tuned.

No comments: