

Living by yourself, as I have for nearly 4 years, makes you forget some of the simplest pleasures of roommates. Sure, roommates can be a real pain, and I gave up on roommates after two straight college roommates up-and-got-married on me my sophomore and junior years of college. But having them again in House Broseph (our name for our sweet house in Broomfield) has reminded me of how fun, crazy, uplifting and obnoxiously funny it can be to have roommates. Take this morning, for example. Breakfast was supposedly set for 9:30am. I was the only one up at 9:30 (surprise, surprise). Everyone was up by 10:30am, but we were lacking eggs and cheese. So Phil and I made a run to the store. We arrived back home at around 11am, and Josh took over from there. The two pictures above show the awesome results of our shopping and Josh's cooking. Delicious. Yes, those are sausage, egg and cheese muffins you're drooling over. Plus a little bacon and potatoes. Milk and OJ. Yum. House Broseph Restaurant coming soon! Haha.
Having 3 guys in the same kitchen for an extended period of time leads to a myriad of crazy possibilities. We're constanting cracking the most sarcastic jokes possible, often about somebody's personality, their taste in women, their idiosyncracies, you name it. Everything is fair game in House Broseph (with a few exceptions). Pretty much anything Phil says is an instant classic. And Josh fakes the grumpy attitude really well, to hilarious effect (hence his nickname: Grumpy Gills).
I'm looking forward to the next 11 months (or more... lease is up at the end of January). I've already learned tons more about Josh and Phil than I expected. It's this depth of relationship that we have been looking for ever since we first considered living together. A depth that would push us further and further to Christ, not by ourselves but together.
"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." - Jesus (Matthew 18:20, NIV)
I start traveling again on Monday. Sad times. I'm going to miss a lot of good stuff around HB. But there will be plenty of good weekend memories too. Just like today.
No comments:
Post a Comment