Been reading Dallas Willard's "The Divine Conspiracy" the last couple of days. Highly recommended. For the first time, I'm not only underlining but even making notes in a book. This is totally new ground for me. I have some sort of hallowed view of books, as if notes are ugly and necessary. But it's so much more fun to write in a book. I feel like I'm actually encountering the text instead of simply attempting to absorb it. Anyways, I was reading this book and something Mr. Willard wrote prompted me to write this in the margins: "If all are extraordinary, then all are, in fact, ordinary."
Also just re-listened to probably my favorite voicemail ever. All 1:49 of it. I'm putting the rest of my friends on notice. You have a lot to live up to, so I expect some creativity. Stat (can you tell I've been watching too much House the last 4 weeks? Sigh).
Finally, I love when an online form asks for my passport number. Does anyone ever know their passport number well enough to recall it from memory? I have a limited sample size of one, but I say no. As a general rule. There probably are people who know this. These are the people who instantly "...know Pi to 1,000 places".
Posted from Blogium for iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment